There is a growing urgency for agents to craft a rock solid real estate lead generation and conversion plan. With interest rates skyrocketing, it may be more difficult to get clients to buy or sell their home come 2023. Rising rates make homes more expensive for buyers, thus reducing the demand for home purchases. In turn, the reduced demand hurts sellers, as it urges them to reduce the price of their homes in order to attract more buyers.
With the New Year looming ahead, there is simply no excuse for a vague, underperforming, or worse: nonexistent lead generation strategy. So if you’re looking to start 2023 off with a bang and develop a real estate lead generation and conversion plan that is structured, intentional, and will grow your business, then this is the blog for you!
We’ve compiled our top seven real estate lead generation and conversion tips that will take your team and business to the next level. Follow these tips, and you won’t have to worry about fluctuating interest rates or market trends.
1) Harness the power of online advertising
This may be obvious to most agents with any sort of online presence in 2022, but a good question to ask yourself is whether you’re truly using online real estate lead generation to its full potential.
First, let’s define our terms…
Online advertising is a marketing tool that allows you to reach potential leads based on specific criteria, such as their interests, location, and other demographic information.
This can be done through a variety of platforms, including social media, search engines like Google, and other online platforms that allow you to target specific audiences. By using targeted marketing, you can ensure that your advertising efforts are reaching the right people at the right time, which can help to improve the effectiveness of your marketing campaigns and ultimately drive more leads and conversions for your real estate business.
So how does this tie into generating real estate leads?
To reach potential real estate leads through targeted marketing, you can use a variety of platforms and strategies. This could include pay-per-click ads on search engines or social media ads targeted at specific demographics.
For instance, you can use social media advertising to reach potential leads on platforms such as:
- Facebook ads, which let you get super granular and detailed with your buyer demographics
- Building a solid brand on Instagram, through informative reels, daily stories, and inspirational posts citing your experiences as a real estate agent, inspiring client stories, etc.
- LinkedIn is a great place to network, as well as target potential buyers and sellers
- Search engine advertising, such as Google AdWords, to target potential leads who are searching for real estate-related keywords on Google.
- ReCall Marketing is another popular option for lead conversion. It advertises to website visitors long after they’ve left your website, so you can stay top of mind.
Additionally, there are comprehensive online platforms available, which cater specifically to the real estate industry. Web and e-market solutions like Incom Real Estate will advertise your properties and services to potential leads who are actively looking for real estate in your area. These online platforms cater specifically to agents, and understand that time is money. They will exhaust all of the above mentioned online advertising channels to generate your leads, so you only have to focus on closing them.
With that being said, be sure to evaluate your online lead sources on a monthly or quarterly basis, in order to understand which are delivering the highest ROI. You definitely don’t want to put all of your eggs in one basket. At the same time however, you don’t want to be putting time and resources into the wrong channels.
2) Ensure you’re exhausting every online tool and resource!
Make sure you’re using every technological tool in your arsenal in order to help generate and convert real estate leads. The real estate industry is optimizing by the minute, so you want to ensure you’re keeping up and firing on all cylinders!
For instance, you can use a virtual tour platform to give potential clients a detailed look at the properties you are selling. A virtual tour platform can allow potential clients to explore a property in detail, even if they are not able to visit in person. This can help to generate interest and drive leads to take the next steps in the buying or selling process.
Another example is implementing a chatbot feature on your website in order to quickly and efficiently respond to questions and inquiries from leads. This can help provide timely and relevant information to potential clients. It can also help capture leads, by prompting them to provide their contact information in order to receive more detailed information.
Using technologies like these to your advantage will make it easier for you to efficiently and expertly convert more leads into clients!
3) Optimize your website for real estate lead generation and conversion!
On top of streamlining your online advertising channels, it is crucial to optimize your website for lead generation. To do this, you can take a number of different steps. For instance, making sure your website is user-friendly and easy to navigate, as well as incorporating clear calls to action will encourage visitors to contact you or sign up for your email list. Some other ways to optimize your website for lead generation include:
- Include a prominent contact form on your website so that visitors can easily get in touch with you.
- Make sure your website is mobile-friendly so that it looks good and is easy to use on all devices.
- Include clear and compelling calls to action on your website, such as "Contact Us" or "Sign Up for Our Email List," to encourage visitors to take action.
- Use high-quality images and videos on your website to showcase your properties and services, and to engage visitors and keep them on your site for longer.
- Regularly update your website with fresh content, such as blog posts and property listings, to keep visitors engaged and coming back to your site.
Incom’s comprehensive real estate website services is your one-stop-shop for a website that includes an integrated CRM system, eye-catching design, social media integration, lead generation, and more. Explore the possibilities now!
4) Leverage your network and connections
So we’ve obviously just gone through the importance of having a solid, streamlined, and strategic online presence as an agent. However, one should never underestimate the power of leveraging their existing network and connections to generate and convert more real estate leads.
By reaching out to your network and connections, you can make them aware of your services and ask if they know anyone who might be interested in buying or selling real estate. This can be a powerful way to generate leads, because the people in your network are likely to trust you and be more receptive to your recommendations.
To get the most out of your network and connections, you can:
- Reach out to your contacts individually through email, phone, or social media, and let them know about your real estate business and the services you offer.
- Ask your contacts if they know anyone who might be interested in buying or selling real estate, and offer to help them with their real estate needs.
- Follow up with your contacts regularly to stay top of mind and continue to build relationships with them.
- Attend networking events and join professional organizations in your industry to expand your network and meet new people who may be interested in your services.
Through the power of networking, you’re essentially killing two birds with one stone: generating more leads for your real estate business, whilst building stronger relationships with your contacts.
5) Bring back direct mail for more real estate lead generation and conversion!
Sometimes, you just gotta go back to the basics - after all, they’re the basics because they work!
Direct mail is a marketing strategy that involves sending physical mail, such as postcards or brochures, to targeted lists of potential customers. Although we pretty much live on our phones, direct mail can be a super effective method of generating more buzz and business.
To use direct mail to reach potential real estate leads, you can:
- Purchase or compile a targeted list of homeowners in your area who may be interested in buying or selling real estate.
- Create compelling and informative postcards or brochures that showcase your real estate business and the services you offer.
- Print and mail your postcards or brochures to the targeted list of homeowners in your area.
- Follow up regularly with the homeowners who receive your mail to see if they are interested in your services, and offer to help them with their real estate needs.
6) The power of the follow-up
The key ingredient to real estate lead generation and conversion, is remaining top of mind for your potential buyer or seller. Following up with real estate leads promptly and consistently is the only way to make this happen. That way, even if they aren’t ready to buy or sell quite yet, you will be the first agent they will contact when the time comes.
When a potential lead contacts you, it is important to respond quickly and professionally, and to continue to follow up with them until they are ready to take action.
Some great follow-up practices include:
- Responding to inquiries from potential leads as soon as possible, typically within 24 hours. This is KEY, and demonstrates that you take them seriously and really want to help.
- Using a professional and friendly tone in all communication with potential leads, and only providing them with the information and assistance they need. The important thing is to act as a trusted advisor, instead of coming off pushy or impatient for their business.
- Setting up a follow-up cadence, either through email, phone, or in-person meetings, to keep them engaged and interested in your services.
- This ties right into practice #3: Use a customer relationship management (CRM) system to track and manage your interactions with potential leads, and to ensure that you are following up with them consistently.
By following up with real estate leads promptly and consistently, you can build stronger relationships with them, and increase the likeli
7) Referrals: a real estate lead generation and conversion goldmine waiting to be discovered!
Real estate referrals are a powerful way to generate new leads and build your business. When a satisfied client refers you to their friends and family members, they are effectively providing a recommendation for your services. There is a powerful trust factor involved when it comes to referrals, which can be a strong incentive for those friends and family members to choose to work with you.
To leverage the power of real estate referrals, you can:
- Ask satisfied clients if they know anyone who might be interested in buying or selling a home, and if they would be willing to refer those people to you.
- Provide your clients with referral cards or other materials that they can share with their friends and family members, and that make it easy for them to refer you to others.
- Follow up with the friends and family members of your satisfied clients to introduce yourself and offer your services, and thank the clients who referred them to you.
- Offer incentives or rewards to your clients who refer others to you, such as a discount on their next real estate transaction or a gift card to a local restaurant.
By leveraging real estate referrals, you can generate more leads and build your business, while also providing an additional level of service to your satisfied clients. This can be a powerful way to generate new leads and build your real estate business from the ground up!